Specific disclaimer for this post: Negative Ion Clothing is NOT a medical device, a cure, a therapeutic tool, or medication. Nefful products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and no warranty or representation is made in this post with regards to its ability to do so. This post is based on my own experience and personal research. You are advised to seek professional medical advice for your own health issues.
To expose my mum to high density of negative ions to enhance her self-healing abilities, I got my mum negative ion clothes that are made in Japan in Singapore. These negative ion clothes have been around for ~60 years, and I cannot believe I never heard of them before this!
I personally believe in the huge benefits of negative ions because within 1 month of exposing my mum constantly to 100,000-500,000 negative ions per cc/air everyday, I saw her cancer markers drop from 22 to 16.5! That was before we made changes to her diet and lifestyle so wearing the negative ions exposure was the only variable.
*Please visit another expert site www.negativeionclothes.com if you wish to find out more details.
Why are negative ions good for us? From the expert…
Dr. Horiguchi explains it very well in this video:
As you can see from the video,
- Rats with cancer exposed to the negative ions stay healthy and die of natural death, while the rats exposed to normal air die from cancer quickly.
- The metal rod that has been exposed to negative ions over 4 years show no rust at all, while the rod exposed to regular air is coated with rust. This shows that even if you are young and healthy, constant exposure to negative ions can prevent cell oxidization and hence, slow down ageing.
Free Radicals and Negative Ions
It is common knowledge that free radicals cause DNA damage. Hence, there are so many advertisements going around consuming foods and supplements with high antioxidant content. But what exactly is a free radical?
Free Radical definition: an especially reactive atom or group of atoms that has one or more unpaired electrons; especially those that are produced in the body by natural biological processes or introduced from an outside source (as tobacco smoke, toxins, or pollutants) and that can damage cells, proteins, and DNA by altering their chemical structure
Free radicals lack an electron because of the oxidation process, but having constant exposure to negative ions (also known as electron/anion) supplies a free radical with electron(s). A free radical requires negative ion(s) to become stable.
How many Negative Ions do we need and how much do we actually get?
*Please visit www.negativeionclothes.com if you wish to find out more details.
Negative Ion Clothes – Material and Technology
Negative Ion clothes are made of a fibre called Teviron and Neoron (upgraded version) and generates high level of negative ion clothing. This material is not new as it was invented in the 1950s and I am surprised so many of us have not heard of it! Because of this breakthrough technology, Teviron has won 3 big prizes:
- Okochi Memorial Prize – the top honour in Japan’s fibre industry
- Imperial Invention Prize – awarded by the late Emperor Showa
- Award of the Society of Polymer Science – a special honour in Japan’s chemical technology industry
Why do I believe that it works? Seeing is believing
One of the most common concerns I hear from my family and friends before purchasing negative ion products is – How do I know that the material actually generates negative ions?
Using a technical ion meter, which can detect up to 20,000 negative ions per cc of air, when I put it near the negative ion blanket, you can see that the meter registers -1.8kV (~18,000 negative ions per cc of air) and this is when the blanket is static. If we were to move and rub against the blanket, the negative ions generated increases significantly (I was told up to 200,000 negative ions when measured with the industrial ion meter).
Using the same meter, when I put against a normal cotton fiber on my bed, it registers a +0.05kV charge (~500 positive ions per cc of air). So amazing that just by changing the material we wear and sleep on, we can surround ourselves with negative ions!
There is another independent demo on negative ions you can watch.
How can Negative Ions help Cancer patients?
Provided that a cancer patient is exposed to a sufficient quantity of negative ions, there are 2 main ways that research has shown that negative ions can help boost immunity:
1) Increase Natural Killer (NK) cells, thereby boosting immunity
- NK cells, as the name suggests, kills off virally infected cells and respond to tumor formation
- A study in Japan published in Cancer Letters showed that “Water-generated negative ions…significantly enhanced the cytotoxic activity of natural killer cells, and significantly decreased the incidence of cancer and inhibited tumor growth. Anti-tumor effects were attributed to enhancement of natural killer cell activity.”
- Another study in Japan published in The Journal of The Japanese Society of Balneology, Climatology and Physical Medicine show that “the percentage of natural killer (NK) cells with the exposure of the [negative] ions was lower than without ions. “
2) Reduce free radicals in body, preventing more DNA damage and cell mutation
- Cancer refers to an abnormal and uncontrolled growth of cells and tissues.
- According to Dr Tan Bin Seng in his book “Anions in Healthy Living”, he explains that “abnormal growth of the cells may give rise to increased accumulation of free radicals that begin to destroy normal cells”.
- As explained before, negative ions help to stabilize free radicals which were originally missing an electron to be stable. This prevents more normal cells to be damaged or mutate into cancer cells
Before I bought the negative ion clothes for my mum, I read many online reviews on Teviron. Some claim it is a miracle product, some claim it is a scam. After doing my research, my conclusion is that if we follow the guideline from the Asian Medical Journal (above, now known as Japanese Medical Association Journal), one requires 100,000-500,000 negative ions/cc of air to enhance the body’s natural ability to help chronic illnesses. And this means that our immunity cannot be raised to help against serious chronic illnesses with just 1 scarf or 1 pair of socks, which generates only about 10,000 negative ions/cc of air per item. (If you want to know how much is enough to make up 100,000-500,000 negative ions, you can write to me).
*Please visit www.negativeionclothes.com if you wish to find out more details.
Further benefits of Negative Ions
There are a number of research papers documenting the benefits of negative ions. This video documents some of them, and I also list some of them below.
- Negative Ions & Better Moods/Improving depression
- In a study conducted by Columbia University, 25 people with SAD (Seasonal Affective Depression) sat in front of a negative ion air purifier for a half hour every morning for a month. Half the subjects were given a low level of negative ions, and the other half a high level. The higher level of negative ion treatment proved to be as effective against SAD as antidepressants, such as Prozac and Zolof, and without the side effects of these drugs.
- Negative Ions & Reducing Stress
- Negative Ions & Immune System Reprinted from “Economy Daily News” – January 30, 2002
- Strengthen the functions of autonomic nerves
- Reinforces collagen (tissues that are resilient and tension-related)
- Improves the permeability of the cell’s prototype plasma membranes (improves metabolism)
- Strengthens the body’s immune system
- Negative Ions & Youthfulness and Longevity by John Heinerman, Ph.D
- Negative ions neutralize pollutants and provide positive effects on health to stimulate the reticulo-endothelial system, a group of defense cells in our bodies that marshal our resistance to disease
- Act on our capacity to absorb and utilize oxygen. Negative ions in the bloodstream accelerate the delivery of oxygen to our cells and tissues
- Speed up oxidation of seratonin (5-hydroxtryptamine) in the blood. This is well known to have far reaching effects on mood, pain relief and sexual drive.
- Negative Ions & Accelerating Wound Healing
Even if you feel that you are perfectly healthy, it is always good to have negative ions to neutralize oxidation from all the free radicals and electro-pollution in our surroundings.
I did a lot of research on negative ions before making the purchase for my mum so feel free to drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want more research findings as I didn’t want to spam this post and make it so difficult to read.
I am starting a series on how negative ions can help improve specific health conditions. Stay tuned for more!
The other complementary treatments my mum went through to recover from cancer:
- Raw Diet, Vegan Diet and Juice Fast
- Electro Lymphatic Therapy (ELT)
- Colon Hydrotherapy (Colonics)
- Nefful Negative Ion Clothings from Japan
- Saline Flush, Coffee Enema, Wheatgrass Implant, Probiotic Implant
- Vitamin C High Dose IV
- Vitamin B17
- Ozone Therapy
- Insulin Potentiated Therapy (IPT)
- Exercise with Oxygen Therapy (EWOT)
- Breathing and Pilates Classes
Specific disclaimer for this post: Negative Ion Clothing is NOT a medical device, a cure, a therapeutic tool, or medication. Nefful products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and no warranty or representation is made in this post with regards to its ability to do so. This post is based on my own experience and personal research. You are advised to seek professional medical advice for your own specific health issues.