We take our green smoothie every morning, thanks to my loving husband who makes them!!
- Water – 500 ml filtered/distilled water
- Ginger – 1 inch
- 400gm dark leafy greens [1 kind a day e.g kale, kai lan, bak choy, spinach etc… which ever you prefer – always rotate your greens!]
- Apple – 1 [core removed]
- Banana – 1
- Chia seed – 1.5 table spoon
- Other sweet fruits you can mix occasionally like mangoes, but always try to keep to 80% vegetables
- Place Chia seeds into blender
- Pour the water [I like it chilled] over it and let it soak for 10 mins
- Wash and slice ginger, apple and banana [usually freeze banana overnight] before placing into the blender
- Place dark leafy greens last
- Blend for 40 sec.