Specific disclaimer for this post: Negative Ion Clothing is NOT a medical device, a cure, a therapeutic tool, or medication. Nefful products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and no warranty or representation is made in this post with regards to its ability to do so. This post is based on my own experience and personal research. You are advised to seek professional medical advice for your own health issues.
To expose my mum to a high density of negative ions to enhance her self-healing abilities, I got my mum made-in-Japan negative ion clothes. These negative ion clothes have been around for ~60 years, and I cannot believe I never heard of them before this!
I personally believe in the huge benefits of negative ions because within 1 month of exposing my mum constantly to 100,000-500,000 negative ions/ cc of air everyday, I saw her cancer markers drop from 22 to 16.5! That was before we made changes to her diet and lifestyle so wearing the negative ion clothes for negative ions exposure was the only variable.
Before purchasing the negative ion clothes, I researched quite a bit and found that there is solid science behind negative ions and how it helps with health and healing.
Read more for my experience and findings or head over to www.negativeionclothes.com for more details on negative ion clothes!
Why are negative ions good for us? From the expert…
Dr. Horiguchi explains it very well in this video:
As you can see from the video,
- Rats with cancer exposed to the negative ions stay healthy and die of natural death, while the rats exposed to normal air die from cancer quickly.
- The metal rod that has been exposed to negative ions over 4 years show no rust at all, while the rod exposed to regular air is coated with rust. This shows that even if you are young and healthy, constant exposure to negative ions can prevent cell oxidization and hence, slow down ageing.
Free Radicals and Negative Ions
It is common knowledge that free radicals cause DNA damage. Hence, there are so many advertisements going around consuming foods and supplements with high antioxidant content. But what exactly is a free radical?
Free Radical definition: a reactive atom or group of atoms that has one or more unpaired electrons; they are produced in the body by natural biological processes or introduced from an outside source (as tobacco smoke, toxins, or pollutants) and can damage cells, proteins, and DNA by altering their chemical structure
Even if we eat and live very healthily, there are many external sources of free radicals that we are unknowingly exposed to.
The problem with free radicals is that they set off a chain reaction. For example, a free radical lacking an electron steal an electron from its neighbouring molecule (which can be from a cell), that molecule then takes an electron from the second cell to stabilise itself.
Free radicals lack an electron because of oxidation. When exposed to high concentrations of negative ions (aka electron/anion), negative ions donate electrons to free radicals. This enables unpaired electrons in free radicals to pair with electrons supplied by negative ions, allowing free radicals to become stabilised. Thus a free radical requires negative ion(s) to become stable.
How much Negative Ions do we need and how much do we actually get?
In the urban concrete jungle that we live in, we are exposed to much lower levels of negative ions as compared to our ancestors who were surrounded by nature.
So what is the ideal level of negative ions for us to reap its health benefits?
As you can see, we are not getting enough negative ions in our urban surroundings to enjoy healing abilities of negative ions – instead of the ideal 100,000-500,000 negative ions/cc of air, we are only getting 500 negative ions/cc of air at home!
Negative Ion Clothes – surround yourself with negative ions 24/7
Negative Ion clothes are made of a fibre called Teviron and Neoron (upgraded version) and generate a high level of negative ion. This material is not new as it was invented in the 1950s, I am surprised so many of us have not heard of it!
Because of this breakthrough technology, Teviron has won 3 big prizes:
How does Teviron and Neoron generate negative ions?
These fabrics generate negative ions through friction. Simply put, when you rub on the fabric, negative ions are produced. This is evident from the high negative static charge.
Read more about the 4 key wellness benefits of negative ions
Why do I believe that it works? Seeing is believing
One of the most common concerns I hear from my family and friends before purchasing negative ion products is – how do I know that the material actually generates negative ions?
Using a technical ion meter, which can detect up to 20,000 negative ions/ cc of air, when I put it near the negative ion blanket, you can see that the meter registers -1.8kV (~18,000 negative ions per cc of air) and this is when the blanket is static. If we were to move and rub against the blanket, the negative ions generated increases significantly (I was told up to 200,000 negative ions when measured with the industrial ion meter).
Using the same meter, when I put against a normal cotton fibre on my bed, it registers a +0.05kV charge (~500 positive ions/ cc of air). So amazing that just by changing the material we wear and sleep on, we can surround ourselves with negative ions!
There is another independent demo on negative ions you can watch.
How can Negative Ions help Cancer patients?
Provided that a cancer patient is exposed to a sufficient quantity of negative ions, there are 2 main ways that research has shown that negative ions can help boost immunity:
1) Increase Natural Killer (NK) cells, thereby boosting immunity
- NK cells, as the name suggests, kills off virally infected cells and respond to tumour formation
- A study in Japan published in Cancer Letters showed that “Water-generated negative ions…significantly enhanced the cytotoxic activity of natural killer cells, and significantly decreased the incidence of cancer and inhibited tumour growth. Anti-tumour effects were attributed to the enhancement of natural killer cell activity.”
- Another study in Japan published in The Journal of The Japanese Society of Balneology, Climatology and Physical Medicine show that “the percentage of natural killer (NK) cells with the exposure of the [negative] ions was lower than without ions. “
2) Reduce free radicals in the body, preventing further DNA damage and cell mutation
- Cancer refers to an abnormal and uncontrolled growth of cells and tissues.
- According to Dr Tan Bin Seng in his book “Anions in Healthy Living”, he explains that “abnormal growth of the cells may give rise to increased accumulation of free radicals that begin to destroy normal cells”.
- As explained before, negative ions help to stabilize free radicals which were originally missing an electron to be stable. This prevents more normal cells to be damaged or mutate into cancer cells
Before I bought the negative ion clothes for my mum, I read many online reviews on Teviron. Some claim it is a miracle product, some claim it is a scam. After doing my research, my conclusion is that if we follow the guideline from the Asian Medical Journal (above, now known as Japanese Medical Association Journal), one requires 100,000-500,000 negative ions/cc of air to enhance the body’s natural ability to help chronic illnesses.
This means that with only 1 scarf or 1 pair of socks, you will not be able to improve your immunity enough to fight against serious chronic illnesses as those only generate about 10,000 negative ions/cc of air per item.
If you want to know how much is enough to make up 100,000-500,000 negative ions/ cc of air, you can write to me!
For more details on negative ions clothes, please visit www.negativeionclothes.com
Further benefits of Negative Ions
There are a number of research papers documenting the benefits of negative ions. This video documents some of them, and I also list some of them below.
- Negative Ions & Better Moods/Improving depression
- In a study conducted by Columbia University, 25 people with SAD (Seasonal Affective Depression) sat in front of a negative ion air purifier for a half-hour every morning for a month. Half the subjects were given a low level of negative ions, and the other half a high level. The higher level of negative ion treatment proved to be as effective against SAD as antidepressants, such as Prozac and Zolof, and without the side effects of these drugs.
- Negative Ions & Reducing Stress
- Negative Ions & Immune System Reprinted from “Economy Daily News” – January 30, 2002
- Strengthen the functions of autonomic nerves
- Reinforces collagen (tissues that are resilient and tension-related)
- Improves the permeability of the cell’s prototype plasma membranes (improves metabolism)
- Regulates the body’s immune system
- Negative Ions & Youthfulness and Longevity by John Heinerman, Ph.D
- Negative ions neutralize pollutants and provide positive effects on health to stimulate the reticulo-endothelial system, a group of defence cells in our bodies that marshal our resistance to disease
- Act on our capacity to absorb and utilize oxygen. Negative ions in the bloodstream accelerate the delivery of oxygen to our cells and tissues
- Speed up oxidation of seratonin (5-hydroxtryptamine) in the blood. This is well known to have far-reaching effects on mood, pain relief and sexual drive.
- Negative Ions & Accelerating Wound Healing
Even if you feel that you are perfectly healthy, it is always good to have negative ions to neutralize oxidation from all the free radicals and electro-pollution in our surroundings.
I did a lot of research on negative ions before making the purchase for my mum so feel free to drop me an email at email@example.com if you want more research findings as I didn’t want to spam this post and make it so difficult to read.
Alternatively, you can reach out to www.negativeionclothes.com to find out more about negative ions clothes.
I am starting a series on how negative ions can help improve specific health conditions. Stay tuned for more!
- Negative Ions can help Hypertension, Cardiovascular and Lung Diseases?
- Benefits of Negative Ions (In Turkish by another famous blogger)
- Negative Ions & Its Health Benefits | What Is It And Does It Work?
The other complementary treatments my mum went through to recover from cancer:
- Raw Diet, Vegan Diet and Juice Fast
- Electro Lymphatic Therapy (ELT)
- Colon Hydrotherapy (Colonics)
- Nefful Negative Ion Clothings from Japan
- Saline Flush, Coffee Enema, Wheatgrass Implant, Probiotic Implant
- Vitamin C High Dose IV
- Vitamin B17
- Ozone Therapy
- Insulin Potentiated Therapy (IPT)
- Exercise with Oxygen Therapy (EWOT)
- Breathing and Pilates Classes
Specific disclaimer for this post: Negative Ion Clothing is NOT a medical device, a cure, a therapeutic tool, or medication. Nefful products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and no warranty or representation is made in this post with regards to its ability to do so. This post is based on my own experience and personal research. You are advised to seek professional medical advice for your own specific health issues.
Pingback: Insulin Potentiated Low Dose Chemo Therapy (IPT, IPLDT) – Cancer Treatment | "Eat. Pray. Fly."-ing
Pingback: 3 Reasons why this Food Blogger turned Raw | "Eat. Pray. Fly."-ing
Pingback: Dr Thomas Lodi – The Miracle Doctor who reversed my mum’s Stage 4 Colon Cancer | "Eat. Pray. Fly."-ing
Pingback: Mum’s Stage 4 Colon Cancer Recovery Journey – Part 2 | "Eat. Pray. Fly."-ing
Pingback: Mum’s Stage 4 Colon Cancer Recovery Journey – Part 3 | Eat | Pray | Fly -ing
Pingback: Hypothyroidism Recovery without Conventional Medication – Testimonial | Eat | Pray | Fly -ing
Pingback: How can Negative Ions help with Hypertension, Cardiovascular and Lung Diseases? | Eat | Pray | Fly -ing
Pingback: Getting rid of Chlorine exposure in your showers! | Eat | Pray | Fly -ing
Pingback: Mum’s Stage 4 Colon Cancer Recovery Journey – Part 5 | Eat | Pray | Fly -ing
Pingback: Mum’s Stage 4 Colon Cancer Recovery Journey – Part 1 | Eat | Pray | Fly -ing
Pingback: If you or your loved ones have a Mercury Dental filling, read this! | Eat | Pray | Fly -ing