We are in the midst of creating healthy snacks for ourselves, so after experimenting with raw vegan chips a few times, this is the recipe that creates the most cheesy, yummy kale chips that even non-veggie lover friends and family are raving about (and ask us to make more of!)
Raw Vegan “Cheesy” Kale Chips
- 2 bunch kale – wash and dried
- 1.5 cup – raw cashews (pre-soak 8 hours to activate)
- 1 tomato
- 1 red bell pepper – seeds removed
- 2 clove garlics – peeled
- 2 lemons – peeled
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast – add more if you like cheesy flavour
- 2 tablespoon nama shoyu (or soy sauce if cannot find nama shoyu)
- 1 tablespoon coconut or olive oil
- Add a dash of any herbs which taste you like e.g. thyme, lemongrass
- Soak raw cashews with distilled/filtered water in a small bowl and let the cashews soak for at least 8 hours to activate them for easier digestion.
- Put the cashews, tomato, red pepper, garlic, lemons, nutritional yeast, nama shoyu, oil, herbs into a food processor. Scoop the flesh from the lemon and add this to the food processor as well. Blend until smooth.
- Trim the stem from each kale leaf and cut each leaf into bite size pieces.
- Use a big mixing bowl to mix the kale and cashew blend. Ensure that each kale leaf is evenly coated
- Place leaves on dehydrator trays so they do not overlap and will dehydrate evenly.
- Dehydrate at 40C for 8 hours or until crisp.
There you have it! A healthy cheesy kale chip snack that tastes like nachos but is healthy, raw and rich in enzymes and nutrients! 🙂
Alternatively, if you are too busy to make kale chips, the READY-TO-DO raw, organic healthy option we opt for is Lovinearth Raw Organic Chips!
And here is a list of places we buy our organic kale from in Singapore. Please let us know if you find anywhere else! Thanks!