After my previous post on Juice Fasting, quite a few of you wrote to me to ask for recipes, so I have decided to combine what I learnt from the clinic and from different fruits I have been trying out at home into this recipe recommendation!
Please note though – use only certified organic ingredients when juicing, otherwise you will probably be drinking concentrated pesticides/fungicides from the fruits in inorganic produce.
If you are doing a juice fast, I recommend at least 4L/day as you would not be having solid food. If you are supplementing juice as a daily liquid sunshine into your lifestyle, I would recommend at least 1L/day for regular people and at least 2L/day if you have cancer/recovering from cancer as you need to constantly be giving your body alkalizing nutrition to build your immunity. As an overall rule, keep to 80% Base+Dark Leafy Greens, and 20% flavouring.
Eatprayflying’s Green Juice Recipe (yields 2.5-3 L of juice)
10 stalks of Celery
2) Dark Leafy Greens:
2 bunches of Kale
1 bunch of Spinach
[For patients with cancer/recovering from cancer]
2 Green Apples
1 Lemon or 4 Limes
1cm thick Ginger
[For all other people]
Add your favourite fruits profile e.g. berries and oranges if you like citrus, red apple and watermelon if you like sweet.
1cm thick Ginger – Still recommend this as ginger has strong anti inflammatory properties
Why Green Juice?
Some of you have asked me why GREEN juice and not just normal fruit juice? Vegetables especially dark leafy greens are rich in chlorophyll, which is almost identical to the hemoglobin in our blood except that chlorophyll contains magnesium in its core, while hemoglobin carries iron. As I learnt from the clinic, because of the very similar makeup, it is a very energy efficient process for the body to switch between utilising chlorophyll and hemoglobin; the excess magnesium from chlorophyll can be used for other body functions such as repairing muscle tissues.
“Advocates claim that when diluted with water and consumed, chlorophyll can help to increase the quality and quantity of your red blood cells, improving the efficiency of oxygen transport and, as a result, giving you more energy and improving your well-being. It is also said to be a powerful antioxidant that can protect you from cancer, has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory benefits, helps regulate bowel habits and provides a rapid method of delivery of magnesium, vitamin K, vitamin C, folic acid, iron, calcium and protein. “1
- Rich in potassium, an important electrolye inside our cells. Having sufficient potassium allows for more efficient sodium-potassium pump in cells waters that allows for better uptake of nutrients and more efficient excretion of cellular metabolic waste.2
- Skin rich in silica – important for tissue integrity and healthy connective tissues like our skin, hair and fingernails.2
- Rehydrates body with high water content
- Rich in sodium, an important electrolye inside our cells. Having sufficient potassium allows for more efficient sodium-potassium pump in cells waters that allows for better uptake of nutrients and more efficient excretion of cellular metabolic waste.2
- Rich in full of vitamin K and anthocyanins that help with mental function and concentration. More benefits here.
- Kale is one of the most nutritious food around, rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Iron, and it is also 40% protein by dry weight.
- Kale is high in iron – per calorie, kale has more iron than beef. More benefits here and here (with kale recipes!)
- Spinach is one of the best sources of dietary potassium, weighing in at 839mg per cup. To compare, one cup of banana has about 539mg of potassium.
- Spinach is also rich in protein. Read the 13 health benefits of spinach and even more benefits here.
- Clinical research has shown “the protective effects of broccoli and broccoli sprouts against cancer. The chemopreventive properties of sulforaphane, which is derived from the principal glucosinolate of broccoli and broccoli sprouts, have been extensively studied.”3
- Juicing brocollis raw will provide more nutrition as per table below.
Other than the juice fast being part of my mum’s cancer recovery, I recently encouraged a very good friend to try a 7 days green vegetable juice fast. After just 7 days, her morning daily Blood Pressure has reduced from 130/90 to 100/70. YAY! My family member, who was diagnosed with hypothyroid went on a raw vegan diet for 3 organics with green (and wheatgrass) juice and the thyroid levels in the blood test results went back to normal within 3.5 weeks. Such amazing testimonies which I hope to slowly feature over time. Hope this inspires you to down a glass of green juice today! 🙂
The complementary treatments my mum underwent to put her cancer into remission:
- Raw Diet, Vegan Diet and Juice Fast
- Electro Lymphatic Therapy (ELT)
- Colon Hydrotherapy (Colonics)
- Nefful Negative Ion Clothings from Japan
- Saline Flush, Coffee Enema, Wheatgrass Implant, Probiotic Implant
- Vitamin C High Dose IV
- Vitamin B17
- Ozone Therapy
- Insulin Potentiated Therapy (IPT)
- Exercise with Oxygen Therapy (EWOT)
- Breathing and Pilates Classes
The doctor (who lives what he preaches on 100% raw, vegan diet) who treated my mum, and health educator who transformed the way I look at a “healthy” lifestyle:
1 – http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2389536/Chlorophyll-plant-extract-water-hailed-new-wonder-drink.html#ixzz3AtNTYKPp
2- Notes from Jack Cross
Pingback: Water Distiller: Purwa Water Distiller | Eat | Pray | Fly -ing
Pingback: Where to buy Kale in Singapore? | Eat | Pray | Fly -ing
Pingback: If you or your loved ones have a Mercury Dental filling, read this! | Eat | Pray | Fly -ing
Pingback: The Truth about Green Juices & Smoothies | Eat | Pray | Fly -ing